DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!
Any issues identified with these BETA builds can be reported directly to: email@example.com
» Pre Setup
- Copy the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card.
- Copy the contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder on to root of your GW Red Card uSD.
» How to setup (O3DS):
- Make sure you have WiFi configured and working.
- GATEWAY 3DS based entrypoint:
- Boot into GATEWAY 3DS sysNAND mode (Force GW Menu by holding down L during boot, hold B while pressing A to boot)
- Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
- Homebrew based entrypoint:
- Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
- In the GATEWAY Time Machine menu select the 2.x downgrade
- Delete/rename the “Nintendo 3DS” folder on your console’s SD card.
- Boot your O3DS into 2.x
- Open up the web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
- After a short wait, the GATEWAY Menu should appear, go into the A9LH Installer
- A9LH will be installed & sysNAND will be restored from NAND.bin
- Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your O3DS!
» How to setup (N3DS):
- For consoles with firmware over 9.2 use TimeMachine to first downgrade sysNand to 9.2 then:
- Boot into GATEWAY 3DS menu using your favorite entrypoint
- Pick the format emuNAND option from the menu
- Boot into GATEWAY (emuNAND) mode
- Make sure you have WiFi configured and working correctly
- Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine
- Launch GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
- Boot back into GATEWAY 3DS menu after rebooting
- Select A9LH Installer menu option, follow instructions on screen
- Boot your N3DS into 2.x (if console doesn’t boot make sure ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder has been renamed)
- Open up web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
- Go to A9LH Installer menu option again, follow instructions on screen until congratulations message appears.
- Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS!
» GATEWAY 4.1 BETA DOWLOAD
DOWNLOAD GATEWAY 4.2 BETA (MD5: 5115f9cdf23f602a265fe39c10880a2e)
» TIME MACHINE DATA PACKS
O3DS (EUR) (MD5: 6c45732fccfac04eb8b3e31a987ab593)
O3DS (USA) (MD5: e91e8693baa3135a3d65e9a95c92c0cc)
O3DS (USA) Mirror 1
O3DS (JAP) (MD5: 1be3ed32480a5aad09ac80363570ea12)
N3DS (EUR) (MD5: 03c8f123dbe59eaac85b616a3da05a13)
N3DS (USA) (MD5: 8bfe32dc9f546bd070f0b363564331ab)
N3DS (USA) Mirror 1
N3DS (JAP) (MD5: fd4e47999228e1801b15dc30e16ba414)
» arm9loaderhax for users with existing a9lh installs
arm9loaderhax.bin.zip (MD5: a5043db33e45aaa4423ab87e25e93f88)
» FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: My console is not booting into 2.x
A: Try ejecting your SD card, if this helps, rename/delete the ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder and try again.
Q: Can you provide a BIN file that is compatible with my existing A9LH (non-GW) setup?
A: We’re working on a solution for this.
» GATEWAY 4.2 BETA CHANGELOG (20160922)
- Fix 11.1 Emunand OSD display bug
» GATEWAY 4.1 BETA CHANGELOG (20160801)
- Fixed >9.2 down to 9.2 GATEWAY TIME MACHINE issue for N3DS
- Fixed WiFi issue for GATEWAY TIME MACHINE on O3DS
- Fixed auto rename of Nintendo 3DS folder when downgrading to 2.x for N3DS
- Repacked N3DS & O3DS US GATEWAY TIME MACHINE data pack
- Amended N3DS install procedure to cater to >9.2 system versions
- Menu lockout implemented
» GATEWAY 4.0 BETA CHANGELOG (20160601)
- Time Machine compatibility and stability fixes
- GATEWAY Menu compatibility and stability fixes
- Rename ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder to 3DS_BAK (N3DS)
- Add warning/nag screen when A9LH user tries to boot into sysNAND (to prevent accidentical sysNAND updates)
- Time Machine won’t allow 9.x to 2.x downgrade on O3DS (Must upgrade to 10.x first, then go down to 2.x)
- OTP.bin is now detected when entering A9LH install and offers a way to re-install A9LH (without the nand restore step)
- Users who have an old browser (non A9LH related entrypoint) and were getting served the wrong payload can now use: http://go.gateway-3ds.com/old/
- Forced restore of emuNAND for N3DS and sysNAND for O3DS+N3DS prior to A9 install finalization.